So here is what I have decided to do: every now-and-then, because I don't want to commit to a certain day or time, I will share the Random Resources I have gathered. I hope to present them in some sort of organized fashion, but what really will probably happen is that the post will be a quick list of links with a short description and/or explanation of why I included it in the list.
Here goes....let me know what you think and share more in a comment.
- Remind 101 - send group texts to people that sign up. Or try WDWDT? (what did we do today?) for a bit more customization and messaging between parents, students, and teacher.
- Fotobabble - record voice to selected image, share
- YouTube EDU - Educational YouTube
- What do you want to create today? A guide to web-tools to fit your needs.
- Edmodo’s Brand New Look - Edmodo made some updates.
- Edmodo Groups to Join
- If you Like Pinterest and Edmodo you'll love EduClipper
- 101 Questions - (create account, explore, dream)
- An eMINTS Teacher's Reflections in Prezi
- The Potter – What connections are you making to eMINTS PD and learning?
- Kids Teaching Kids: Mathtrain , Club Academia
- Doing More with Less (and other practical educational technology tidbits)
- Rethinking Whole Class Discussion - from Edutopia (connect back with constructivism, collaborative learning, high-quality lesson design, etc.)
- 8 Things Kids Should Be Able to Do With Technology
- Get to know your Students with these First Week of School Activities
- If Our Characters had Instagram - a ELA classroom Instagram project
As you perused these resources, what might be some new ideas you had or inspiration you found that your students will benefit from?