- Celebrate Creativity Courage & Collaboration by being a part of International Dot Day - FableVision Learning blog has even more ideas and freebies like the Colar Activity PDF that uses a free Augmented Reality App, celebration posters, a video from The Dot author, and more. *Thanks to @drlorielliot for sharing this with me on Twitter
- Mobilize for #Productivity - Tips and tool suggestions from Tony Vincent in the form of an infographic. Tools on top of tools that will help automate, get access to your stuff anywhere, reduce distractions, clean out your inbox, search efficiently, and much much more.
- Did you know that Intel offers FREE online Professional Development that often times closely aligns with the eMINTS eMINTS Instructional Model. The Intel Teach Elements online PD courses cover topics such as assessment, project-based learning, thinking critically, and collaboration.
- The Global StemX Education Convention is coming up Sept. 19-21. Sign up now to attend sessions for FREE! (are you noticing a pattern?)
- Engage NY Video Library from the state of New York - from the site "The video library is an innovative and differentiated resource that brings the Common Core instructional shifts, teacher and leadership evaluation, and data driven instruction to life. The instructional videos capture teaching and evaluation along a developmental arc and tag for characteristics like grade level, subject area, Common Core Standards, instructional shifts and for 2013-2014, teacher and leader evaluation rubric indicators. Videos range in length from short 5 minute clips to longer views of lessons up to 40 minutes. Use these instructional videos to support your professional development and to push your thinking around what effective teaching looks like in practice as well as to identify growing edges of the teachers in these videos."
Instructional Strategies that can be sorted into different instructional purposes.
The Best 10 Google Docs Tips for Teachers
Student-centered Learning: in the form of a Genius hour, 20% Project, FedEx Day -
- What happens when students are simply free to learn? by Kay Bisaillon
- Dan Pink recommends a 'FedEx' day for students and teachers from LifeLongLearners.com
- Life in a 21st Century English Class by Shelley Wright
- Creating Passion Projects (Genius Hour) by Mr. Solarz
Mobile Learning - aka iPad Stuff:
- Getting Going with Mobile Devices: Workflow, Organization, and Fundamentals - How do/should you develop the long-term capacity to manage student work and a daily workflow process in a mobile classroom? Webinar recording from Connected Learning.
- Create your own ePub files to import into iBooks from webpages following simple directions from this Vimeo how to video. This could allow students to save content to their iPads for viewing when there is no network connection.
- Trends in iPads in the classroom now are moving towards identifying the essential apps for productivity for both the teacher and students. Educational Technology and Mobile Learning shares 2 lists of these "core" apps for both users. They definitely include some of my favorites.
- EdShelf can help you find the educational tools to fit your needs. You can even create your own shelf to share resources with anyone (it's another curation tool). Check out this Shelf created by Mike Lee, co-creator of EdShelf. Here is another EdShelf of 41 apps curated by a 4th grade teacher.
- It looks like you can do the same sort of thing on List.ly but not only with apps although those are the types of resources linked to this List.ly sharing Literacy Apps. There is also a social aspect to List.ly but you can ignore it.
- New to using an iPad for teaching. You may want to check out 5 Little-Known iPad Skills Teachers Should Have from Edudemic. When I first read through it I was confused and didn't realize it was taking me to a seperate site called Modern Lessons offering FREE online course EdTechTeacher. Topics include Learnist, Google, Twitter, Making Infographics, and more.
- iPad Responsible Use "poster" for the visual learner. Includes student responsibilities, and school rights and responsibilities. May benefit from additional thought about parent responsibilities.